Saturday, March 26, 2011

Product Review: Bobbi Brown Cleansing Oil

Q: Could you try the Bobbi Brown Cleansing Oil & tell me what you think?

A good friend of mine who is a beauty lover herself gave me a jar of Bobbi Brown Cleansing Oil which she bought recently and totally fell in love with it.

"If only they make these as shower gel so I can cleanse my body like my face. It's so effective and simple and I love it." Ms. I.E.Z

:D

So, today I did a little experiment myself....

Ok, I admit...I was a bit dramatic today...:P




BOBBI BROWN CLEANSING OIL

Price: RM 145.00 for 200ml

Design for all skin types, this lightweight emmolient cleansing oil effectively removes all traces of makeup and cleanses skin while maintaining natural moisture levels.

Contains Jojoba and Olive oil


[ More pictures here....read on...]




Cleansing Steps

STEP 1: Pour Content onto dry hands
STEP 2: Massage gently onto dry face
STEP 3: Rinse face with water thoroughly and pat dry

Now, you're all squeaky clean....


Me gently massaging the cleansing oil - After rinsing with water
I did a little demonstration with the back of my hand.

On my hands - Foundation & red lipstick

I cleanse off a side of my hand and see how clean it is!

What it promises
- Gently dissolves excess oil without stripping the skin's natural oil
- Skin is left feeling soft and smooth & well prepared for treatment / makeup application
- Effectively removes makeup and cleanses skin

My verdict
I like this cleansing oil. The minute I opened the jar, I notice the scent of Jojoba essential oil.
True enough, it cleanses you face thoroughly removing all traces of makeup even the water proof ones!
Unlike most cleansing oil, Bobbi Brown's cleansing oil will not sting your eye. My friend Ms. IEZ dared me to open my eyes when I was massaging the emollient. I was skeptical at first, but when I did...voila! no more stinging and blurry vision like you'd get when using baby oil or other oil products. Thumbs up for this!

Once you've rinse your face, you'll notice that you skin will NOT feel tight as normal cleanser would've done to you. This is a good sign for me as this indicates that your natural skin oil is not stripped in the process of cleansing.

Still skeptical on how clean my face was after cleansing it with Bobbi Brown's Cleansing oil, I soaked my cotton pad with some toner and rub it on my face. Did you notice, even after cleansing, you'll still find traces of leftover makeup on you cotton pad when you wiped your face with the toner? Well, this time my cotton pad did not managed to trap any traces of makeup/impurities. In short, this cleansing oil really does it work of cleansing....kudos to Bobbi Brown!

If you have an oily face and secretly harbour some fear over using cleansing 'OIL', fear not because the Bobbi Brown Cleansing oil does NOT leaves you skin oily. Yeay! :D

Overall, I like Bobbi Brown's Cleansing Oil.
However, this cleansing oil reminds me a lot of MAC's Cleansing Oil (also contains Jojoba Oil, Olive Oil + Primrose Oil)
The only difference is that MAC's Cleansing Oil has a bit of a citrus-y smell to it and yeap, it stings when you open your eyes! Ouch!

Other similar cleansing oils that beauty bloggers rave about:-

MAC Cleansing Oil - 150ml RM95.00
I Nouvi Splash Away Makeup Cleansing Oil - 150ml RM70.00 (from SaSa)



Till then, good luck & stay flawless...
xoxo,
Mariella Liyana
Share it on Facebook if you like this post,

Nang me if you're happy :)

3 comments:

  1. Memang best pun :)
    My friend beria-ia recommend...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gillion,

    Good to know that SKII moisturiser works for you.:)Unfortunate of me that the none of the SKII products goes well with my skin. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...