Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Product Review: theBalm Balm Shelter

I once heard someone saying that once you've tried tinted moisturiser, you're definitely gonna be hooked!
Maybe, not in my case....

As you would've read in my previous entries here, I was 'lusting' for theBalm BalmShelter tinted moisturiser. So, I finally bought it earlier this month here and here's a share of my likes and dislikes....

THE VERDICT




You could read more on theBalm BalmShelter here.

Overall, I like the packaging and the fact that it comes in a squeez-y tube that allows me to squeeze out the tinted moisturiser easily with no mess at all. It comes in a 64ml tanned orange tube with grey cap which was double the size of a normal foundation.



In case you're wondering what is a tinted moisturiser -> Foundation + Moisturiser = tinted moisturiser. :P

So, it's neither a foundation that provides you coverage nor a full-fledge moisturiser that can moisturise your skin all day long. So, yes it is pretty confusing but great for a quick do when you're rushing to the market, hair salon, convenient store or any other places that you don't need to look that presentable. :D

If you're like me, who can't leave house without any powder or foundation (yes, im very conscious about the way I look is that bad? T_T) this tinted moisturiser is your perfect solution. I'm pretty happy with theBalm BalmShelter tinted moisturiser but before I put it on I insist on applying my moisturiser and sun block first even though BalmShelter has got SPF18 in it. Pretty paranoid, huh?

The tinted moisturiser absorbs into your skin easily and your skin will feel soft and smooth after application. However, the downside of this tinted moisturiser is that it makes me look pale at time greyish due to it's 'tint'. The texture does look a bit bluish on me but I guess it didn't really complement my skin's undertones so it makes me look grey. It reminds me a lot like how BB Creams makes me look grey. I guess this is mainly because you do not have a lot of choice since the color selection was pretty limited. Yeap, you can only choose between Fair and Medium, that's it!

Being a neither here nor there foundation, this tinted moisturiser doesn't really last that long. Hence, I mentioned that it's great for a quick do for a quick job. So I recommend that you dabbed on some loose powder after applying the tinted moisturiser so it will last slightly longer than usual and also so you don't turn shiny during mid-day. To overcome my bluish/greyish-ness, I took a bit of effort to add some blushers to my cheeks so I don't look so dead to people. Haha.

Overall, I rate this product as OK.
Heh, at least it didn't give me any breakouts! So, I'm pretty grateful for that....

Till then, good luck & stay flawless...
xoxo,
Mariella Liyana
Share it on Facebook if you like this post,

Nang me if you're happy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...