Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Announcing the Opening of Sephora at Starhill Gallery, KL

Yes my darlings....Sephora is finally here!
Opposite Pavillion....ain't that wonderful!

Gone are the days we wait patiently for our precious parcels from United States
Gone are the days we participate in sprees and we crazily punch in numbers calculating the price after the exchange rate
Gone are the days we admire and envy beauty products from far cause it's not available in Malaysia and you dare not purchase it for fear of getting the wrong color cause you can't test the colors out! T_T

All hail....SEPHORA....

I received an email inviting me to their opening on the 28 April 2011 at 12.30pm.
Unfortunately, *sobs* I had this super duper important meeting scheduled at 12.00pm so I had to pass.
I did however, asked around if any of my friends will be heading to Sephora and sadly everyone was too busy....

However, finally I managed to pay a short visit last weekend so here's some pictures I took (yes, via my 'super' handphone :P)













My appologies, with all my excitement I've forgotten to inform what the heck is SEPHORA?

Here's a snippet from Sephora's website on their company background....

Sephora was founded in 1993 in France by Dominique Mandonnaud, who fashioned the store's unique name by blending the Biblical name of Zipporah (Moses' exceptionally beautiful wife) with the ancient Greek term for "pretty," sephos.


Today, Sephora is not only the leading chain of perfume and cosmetics stores in France, it's also a powerful beauty presence in 13 other countries. In the United States alone, there are over 250 Sephora stores and over 200 Sephora inside JCPenney stores.


Owned by Louis Vuitton Moet Hennessy (LVMH), the world's leading luxury goods group, Sephora is highly regarded as a beauty trailblazer, thanks to its unparalleled assortment of prestige products, unbiased service from experts, interactive shopping environment, and innovation.

In short, it is a haven for all beauty junkies like me. *smiles gleefully* A one stop department for cosmetics, perfumes and all beauty related products.

Sephora also carries product that may not be available to us Malaysian before such as Urban Decay, Soap & Glory, Blush, Sephora's Housebrand etc.

I was really looking forward to NARS but unfortunately it'll only be available in 2 months time. :(
As for now, I quite happy with Urban Decay and the Sephora products. The price is fairly reasonable ranging from RM45.00 - RM200-ish and the Sales Assistants are friendly and helpful.

The ambiance of Sephora reminded me of a catwalk + nightclub. With glossy black floors and sparkly red lines. Also, you should check out the outlet from outside....uber cool. At first glance, for a minute there I thought it's another ministry of sound building or something but I was quite surprise to learn that it's actually a beauty departmental store!


Credit to r3k4hsttub

Sephora -  artist impression


Sephora from inside
Other brands available in store are those that we already have in Isetan, Parkson and Metrojaya. Such as, Dior, Benefit, Shiseido, Estee Lauder etc. I didn't had enought time to inspect the perfume section closely though.

Will definitely pay a second visit soon....and currently in my Lust List, I'm craving for the Naked Palette a definite must have! :D





Till then, good luck & stay flawless...
xoxo,
Mariella Liyana
Share it on Facebook if you like this post,

Nang me if you're happy :)

3 comments:

  1. awww you're so lucky to have sephora open there. :) i'm sure you'll have loads of fun shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wee!!skindinavia ade x kat ctu?

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Sugar sugar: it'll definitely be fun to shop at Sephora, but not so fun for my purse though...*sigh*

    @Salhah: Hari tu tak nampak pula Skindinavia, maybe ada kot. Jom la check it out ;)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...