Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Product Review: Dior Addict Lipstick

Like I promised earlier, here's a brief review of the new Dior Addict Lipstick who featured the sexy and glamorous supermodel Kate Moss as their new brand ambassador.


Dior presents you a total of 56 selection of pink lipsticks inspired by John Galliano and the runway for their 2011 Spring/Summer collection. Color varies from pale pink to bright hot pink which is the current season must have for lipsticks. Think spring and all its blooming flowers.

Before I purchased my Dior Addict, I was contemplating between the new Chanel Rouge Coco Shine and Lancome L'Absolu Nu Rouge lipstick. The difference between these lipsticks produced by the 3 giant cosmetic companies in France is really nothing much. They each produce sheer-colored and balmy lipstick that promises to enhance your natural pink lips and moisturise it at the same time.




Chanel Rouge Coco Shine Ad featuring Vanessa Paradis


Lancome L'Absolu Nu Ad featuring Kate Winslet

After 2-3 trips to Isetan and Parkson, swatching and trying out the colors, I finally made up my mind and bought Dior Addict in It Pink.


Credit to Temptalia

I really wanted to buy the Dior Addict #578 in DiorKiss which was worn by Kate Moss in the short video clip Dior did to promote the lipstick. Unfortunaly, it didn't look so flattering on my pale complexion, it looks like any normal pink lipstick :( So, I opted for the #554 in It Pink instead.

The Verdict

I was extremely happy that I purchased this lipstick. I love how easy it is to apply it on my lips even when I don't have a mirror ready. Its balmy texture simply glides on your lips (in my case, chapped lips) and instantly smoothen and moisturise my lips that lasted till lunch time. So, not bad for a lipstick cause most of the lipstick I have will only last till 10am - 11am in the morning *sigh*
The Dior Addict lipsticks also contains lower level of wax (25% lesser than normal lipstick) create a light reflecting effect that plumps up my lips. You that feeling you have when you know you have lipstick on? Well, with Dior Addict it feels natural on my lips just like a second skin. Its light texture did not gave me that awkward feeling that you have 'something' stuck on your lips, like what most lip glosses do.

Also,  did I mention how cool is the casing? Encased in a silver with rainbow reflection provides instant chic and glamour to the whole ensemble. Simply gorgeous!

Overall, the Dior Addict lipstick is a must have for all! Although the price is on the high end, RM96.00 each. I believe saving every penny you can to purchase this lipstick is going to be worthwhile. It is one of the best lipstick I've ever had and because I am so in love with this lipstick, I use it everyday and carry it everywhere.

So, skip down to your nearest beauty store and check it out. Believe me, you'll not regret it!

p.s: If you plan to do so, you better be quick because the last time I checked, most of the colors were taken up!
Till then, good luck & stay flawless...
xoxo,
Mariella Liyana
Share it on Facebook if you like this post,

Nang me if you're happy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...