Monday, May 23, 2011

Product Review: Hada Labo Gokujyun Makeup Remover

Ok, so everybody knows Hada Labo product was a sensation last year. Who has never seen their gimmick '1 sold every 4 seconds!'. Yes, that is how sensationalised Hada Labo products were.

Prior to Hada Labo, the name super-hyaluronic acid was totally alien to me. Infact, it sounds scary. But, thanks to the Japanese innovation, super hyaluronic acid is the latest must-have in every girls drawer!

Let's pronounce it slowl...h-ya-lu-ro-nic or bahasa baku 'hai-ya-lu-ro-nik' acid.
God know why they can't find a shorter-word-easier-to-say name, gosh!

If you notice, I am an avid-user of hada labo products and has stayed loyal to it for quite some time. Read here and here.

My latest collection of the Hada Labo series is the Gokujyun Makeup Remover which I blogged about the purchase here.



THE VERDICT


I must say, this makeup remover strikes me as a cleansing oil at first but oh boy, I was fooled.
Surprisingly the texture is runny and watery, yeap, just like the other Hada Labo products...water. It contains no alcohol, fragrance nor any traces of oil. Like I said, it's just water, a SUPER water.






You don't need to use much of it, 1-2 pumps would do its job well. Oh, before I forget this makeup remover doesn't lather so to those who love the bubbly froth, you may be dissapointed. Like any other cleansing oil, you need to massage the 'water' in circular motion onto your face. Remember, your face needs to be dry when you're cleansing. Gently massage it for a few minutes than rinse with tap water thoroughly. Pat dry and then after followed by your daily cleanser.

Because it as Super Hyaluronic Acid product, after using this makeup remover your face will feel moisturised and hydrated. In short, it wouldn't make you face feel tight after cleansing which to me is a plus point.

You can opt to not cleanse your face after using this makeup remover, however I may not encourage this because, I find this product on removes light to medium makeup. If you've used any waterproof mascara or eyeliner and heavy foundation, I reckon you should opt for a cleansing oil instead.

But if you have your daily office makeup on and you're lazy like me T__T you should choose to do double cleansing. Once with the makeup remover and once with your daily cleanser. Heh.

Overall, I'd give a B+ for this makeup remover. I think I'm still happy with my MAC Cleansing oil. The price per bottle is quite reasonable and a bottle will definitely last you say, 6-8 months depending on how much you use it.

If you asked whether I'd buy this again, I say maybe not. I love Hada Labo products, but I've tried better cleansing oil/makeup remover. Also, I don't quite like the fact that it stings my eyes when I used it. Ouch!


Till then, good luck & stay flawless...
xoxo,
Mariella Liyana
Share it on Facebook if you like this post,

Nang me if you're happy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...