Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Product Review: Shiseido Perfect Refining Foundation

Earlier, I mentioned about the new Shiseido Perfect Refining Foundation (click here).



I haven't had much experience with makeup line produced by Asian companies, in this case, a Japanese company. I received a sample of the Shiseido Perfect Refining foundation in #O40 Natural Fair Ochre few weeks ago, so here's my thoughts on it...



THE VERDICT

I went to Sogo recently to have a look at the foundation and was surprised to see that the packaging looked rather small for a RM130 worth of product. Relief came when I flipped the foundation and saw that this little container actuals holds up 30ml of the foundation. To be honest, I actually walked up to the nearest Lancome counter to double check whether 30ml is an appropriate amount of foundation. Heh.




Still, I wish Shiseido could come up with a normal-size looking bottle so it wouldn't give a false first impression, especially to calculative (yes, I blame it on my years of studying accounting) people like me! But I guess I can cut them some slack by slack by saying that probably, the look & feel that Shiseido was going for was 'simple & compact'. :P

The texture of the foundation is wonderful and I love the fact that I don't need to use a lot to cover my whole face. I took about a 10cent coin size and it could even cover my neck. The foundation helps reduce the appearance of my pores and pigmentations and  I also like how it feels on my skin, like it's nothing there. When I asked my colleague (who is another beauty product junkie) her opinion on the foundation, she said it looked natural, almost like as if I never did wear any foundation. I quote, "it's like your skin".

If you're looking for a foundation that gives you a dewy and pearl-like glow to your skin, I do not recommend you this foundation. But if you're into au naturalle look, I recommend you get this foundation ASAP! So, kudos to Shiseido on the excellent texture. 

As much as I love the texture, I find that this foundation only provide medium coverage so yes, you have to use a bit of concealer prior to applying the foundation. And being me, always late and never early, applying a coat of concealer is wasting precious time. :P So, I would prefer a foundation that could cover some scar marks of mine and dark under eyes in a jiffy, maybe not entirely removing the existence of my scars but reducing its appearance would be nice for me. 

Besides that, I find that during mid-day the intensity of the foundation lessen and I have to touch up especially on my T-zone. On other parts of my face, the foundation stayed on till evening and fade off by night time. So, if you know you're going to have a really long day at work with meetings till late evening, I would suggest that you'd bring a pressed powder/foundation to touch up once in a while.




So, would I buy the Shiseido Perfect Refining Foundation? Maybe, but I think that I might search other options first before settling for this foundation.



Till then, good luck & stay flawless...
xoxo,
Mariella Liyana
Share it on Facebook if you like this post,

Nang me if you're happy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...