Friday, July 15, 2011

Product Review: Lancome Maqui Blanc Miracle

Bonjour!
How is your day so far? Mine's pretty packed, as usual.

Today, let's do a quick review on the new Lancome Maqui Blanc Miracle with SPF 26.
I wasn't sure of Lancome based on my previous 'bleh' experience with its compact powder. Infact, Lancome was not one of those brands I yearn for. Lancome and I do not share any chemistry, so to speak.



However, I was called (or in Bahasa Malaysia - terpanggil. Haha, funny seh!) to test Lancome's new liquid foundation. So, off I went to one of their counter in Jusco, Mid Valley.

I tried a couple of colors to see which color suits me well and asked a few questions to the SA. Unfortunately, when I requested for some sample. The SA rolled her eyes and told me that they ran out of samples. From her face, I could see that she wasn't really telling the truth. This irked me. Gravely irked me.

I have NO tolerance to BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE. I am a firm believer that the customer is ALWAYS right. And 70% of the time people buy a product because they like the person selling it. So, if you want your products to sell sista, you better have the right attitude. Kapish?!

Finally, after a few question-answer session, she came up with a tiny sample jar that 'happens to be lying around on the counter'. Pump me two pumps of the foundation, gave it to me while passing a sarcastic remark that goes like this..."Don't forget to come back ar and buy the foundation..." and smiled sarcastically.

Dalam hati, sabar je lah. Ape, kau ingat aku takde duit nak beli setakat foundation kau yang takde lah mahal gila pun?!!! I vow, even if the product is good...I'm never buying it from her!! Grrr...

Fine, water under the bridge. See, I can be forgiving =_=

Apart from the bad service, here's what I think of the foundation...








THE VERDICT

Not entirely convinced to purchase it. Miracle or not, this doesn't flatter me at all. No, I won't allow some stupid PMS lady cloud my judgement. I am talking based on facts and the fact is that it is not that really good.

Even with it's Maquiliquide ingredients (special Lancome ingredient for foundation) it still doesn't make a difference on me. The yellow undertones made me look sick, and doesn't complement my pink undertones. It is rather thick and very difficult to apply. You may need to use a wet sponge or brush for it.

However, should you use a brush be careful not to over-do it cause you may end up looking like you had layer and layers of foundation caked on your face. It made me oily (like mad!) during midday. Because it doesn't moisturise you face, patches of foundation became apparent on the side of my face which was rather dry. So, I recommend applying this with a wet sponge than using a brush or finger.

On a better note, the foundation does provide a medium to heavy coverage and gives you a long-lasting matte look. Perfect for a long day at the office. Please be reminded though, to thoroughly cleanse your face and use a makeup remover after using this foundation.

Would I recommed this? Maybe, if you have normal skin.
Other than that, I reckon there are other options out there which might be better than this.

I did a look using this foundation, so feel free to have a look here. Kindly note that in these pictures, I've used a finishing powder to set the foundation so it may look OK in pictures.



 
Till then, good luck & stay flawless...
xoxo,
Mariella Liyana
Share it on Facebook if you like this post,

Nang me if you're happy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...