Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Product Review: Dove Intense Repair Overnight Cream

I did a little experiment with my hair earlier. To see what happens when you stinge and try to color your hair on your own. This is after your previous hair color crawled down to your ear-level and you look like Cruealla De Vil's sister, the half blonde half brunetter sister.

I have very fine and limp hair and to actually go to a proper hair saloon and color my hair was a complete waste of money for me. Why? Because my hair is too little (sangat miskin) and fine and I'd only end up using 1/3 of the hair color, BUT pay for it in FULL. (that's the Accountant part of me talking, heh)

So, I cheated and bought Revlon's Hair Dye, Ammonia-free in Golden Brown from the nearest drugstore.

The result...


Frizzy, uneven carrot top for hair. And what makes it worst is that my hair is now coarse like a broom. Right after coloring it, I can barely comb my hair right. Heck, I can't even run my fingers through my hair without my fingers getting stuck in between it!

Yes, pretty stupid of me. But, this is all for the sake of an experiment (gone wrong!). I know, I'm in denial...so sue me!

What did I do next?
Well, nothing. I couldn't cause I had to fly off the next day. S**t!

Once landed safely, the first thing I hunt for is a conditioner. But luckily, while frantically searching for a good conditioner, I bumped into this....

Well, hello there...would you be my friend???





The Dove Intense Repair Overnight Cream - my new best friend, no offense Yasmila! :P



THE VERDICT

Love it! The texture is smooth and silky and applying it is a breeze. Just pump 1-2 times and apply it all over your hair (not scalp, ok!) and massage it a bit. Let it sit in you hair till the next morning.

And voila! your dry coarse hair is given a second chance. Phew~!

I've tried something similar to this though, the L'Oreal Total 5 Repair Night Essence and the result is pretty much the same. Soft, manageable silky hair by morning. However, the Dove's version is pretty cheaper for almost the same result.

I said almost, because unlike the L'Oreal Total Repair...the Dove Intense Repair's texture is quite thick and rich that gives your hair the 'wet' look after each application. I reckon it is the rich texture that makes it slower to seep into your hair; like the other leave-in conditioners. However, be rest assured that it will not stain you pillow or your precious bed sheet. Or my cat's fur, in my case. :)

Other than the 'wet' look, it pretty much did a good job at rescuing my severely beaten and damaged hair. After applying it religiously every night for 3 weeks, my hair went from coarse and frizzy back to my original limp and lifeless hair. It also helps turn my hair 10x softer than it was right after I did my little experiment.

Lesson learned is - don't stinge, go to a proper hair saloon and get your hair colored by a professional. Or else, suffer from coarse and frizzy hair that is darker on bottom half of your head and lighter on top. Just like, what happened to my hair. T_________T

Would I recommend it? Yeap :)

It helped me, so it should help others as well...

Till then, good luck & stay flawless...
xoxo,
Mariella Liyana
Share it on Facebook if you like this post,

Nang me if you're happy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...