Monday, October 29, 2012

Eid Mubarak | Discount Diva

Salam,

I hope it's not too late to wish all Muslims Eid Mubarak!
I hope you had fun sharing great moments with family and your closed ones.

I have always been a believer that NOT all things Expensive are Good and NOT all things Good are Expensive. I believe to look & feel good on a joyous celebration such as the recent Raya Aidiladha one need not spend extravagantly.

I am proud to call myself a Bargain/Discount Diva.
I usually put a limit to the amount of money I'm willing to spend on certain items. For me, a Blouse/Top/Shirt should be LESS than RM100, unless of course if it is made of high grade material i.e. Silk, Batik Crepe and the likes.

Why? Simply because I've been in trading business since young and frankly I know how much it costs to make a top. Heh. I'm calculative like that. And being trained as an accountant makes me more frugal. I am shrewd and picky when it comes to spending. However when I do find a good bargain with equally great product, I'll be sure to purchase at least 2 or 3 pieces in different colors. That's where my shopaholic side kicks in ^__^

Being frugal doesn't mean that I look frumpy and that I'm a cheapskate. I do spend lavishly at times, mostly during a special occasion or to reward myself after a job-well-done (will discuss on this topic in my posts later). But most of the time, I prefer the thrill of hunting for a great bargain.

When I do find a marked down, on sale, stock clearance items or the last chance clothes, I'll be sure to check all of the following:-

1) Material - must be reasonably thick and strong. Not the cheapo easy to break type of material
2) Design - must not be TOO outdated. I prefer to stick to the classic-evergreen design, much safer
3) Cutting / Color - must flaunt and hide certain features of mine. Unfortunately, everything looks good in a super-skinny-tall model (mannequin too!) but not everything looks good on us.*sigh*
4) No defects / discoloration - very important!!!

So here's some of the items I scored during my recent shopping adventure....

For Raya Aidiladha, I found this really beautiful ready to wear cotton baju kurung with flower embroidery all over. Am so happy with my purchase and received a lot of compliments too! Weee!!!

Cotton Baju Kurung with flower embroidery,
RM80 Kompleks PKNS, Shah Alam


Dorothy Perkins floral chiffon top at 50% off. Yeap, half off! ^_________________^

Chiffon Jungle Leaves Printed Top
RM75 after 50% discount, Dorothy Perkins Pavilion KL


I've been eyeing the shawls from DreamCloud by Natasha Hudson for awhile now and pounced on 2 lovely shawls during their Raya Sale :))

Luna Breeze in Mustard & Peach Mustard
Before RM85, Raya Haji promo RM35 only!
from DreamCloud by Natasha Hudson

Luna Jade Shawl in Green Leopard print
Before RM90, on sale for RM55
from DreamCloud by Natasha Hudson

Now that's my kind of shopping spree :)
However, bargain-hunting shopping requires patience and it is an impromptu shopping habit. So you'll never know what you'll buy next and sometimes this may hurt your wallet a bit. -___-

Also, do be careful with the word SALE, especially those that shows you the before price on the tag and gives you crazy deals like 70% discount. Cause sometimes what some retailers do is that they will increase the price on the price tag than konon-konon give a 50%-70% to you. I've seen this happened before by notable retailers & departmental stores.

So, who said it is expensive to look beautiful? What's your shopping style and are you a Discount Diva too like me?


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...